3 reasons not to put all of your stock in Facebook
Ok, this has nothing to do with the Facebook financial stock but everything to do with the amount of time and effort that people are putting into promoting their Facebook profiles and business pages…
I have three simple reasons why YOU should NOT put ALL of your stock/resources into promoting your brand on Facebook…
- You have no control over the future of Facebook. Since the botched IPO of Facebook, we honestly have no idea what the future of Facebook looks like. Many of the company’s weaknesses, such as its revenue model and forecasting, were exposed during this process. If the company is unable to generate revenues or a profit for its shareholders, will the company remain viable?
- You cannot extract your friends/fans from their database. Ok, so you have 1,000 friends or fans on Facebook… outside of using their system, you have no other way to market to this group of people…
- What if you get kicked off tomorrow? Have you ever considered that you may do something to violate the Facebook Terms and Policies and your account could be closed permanently? What happens next?
I use Facebook to build my brand on a daily basis but it is a part of my marketing strategy, not the only strategy. Just like any strong financial portfolio, you need to be sure your marketing plan is diversified so that it can weather whatever storm comes its way. Don’t get caught with all of your eggs in one marketing basket.
Do you want more tips to build your business?
- Order your autographed copy of “Building a Brand without Spending a Bundle”
- Subscribe to the “Success Secrets” Newsletter
- Listen to past episodes of “The LaKesha Womack Show”
Filed under: Marketing | 1 Comment
Tags: Black Enterprise, Diversification, Ebony, Essence, Facebook, Finance, Google, IPO, Marketing, Social media, Social Networking, Stock, Success, Success Secrets
Business Development Consultant
Inspired. Motivated. Driven to help you succeed!
I write and speak about a variety of lifestyle, relationship, religious and business topics.
My goal is to help you develop personally, professionally and spiritually because... You can have it all!
Check out my books on amazon.com
Is She The ONE?
Success Secrets for the Young & Fabulous
Building a Brand Without Spending a Bundle
My Money Matters (Adult, Teens and Kids versions)
- Follow Womack Consulting Group on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- RT @sistersNthacity: The Sister in tha City Daily is out! paper.li/sistersNthacity Stories via @LaKeshaWomack 12 hours ago
- I don't know this little girl or her family but my heart goes out to them and I'm praying for #TeamMady instagram.com/p/hv8C6QjO4Y/ 2 days ago
- You're welcome RT @wdarinmoore: @LaKeshaWomack <~Thx for sharing the statement. 3 days ago
- RT @iamJayMayo: @CarmenVeal @LaKeshaWomack @BelleUnplugged "Forget a Promise Ring! I Want the REAL Thing!" Join me TODAY for #LULChat 10pEST 3 days ago
- Statement from the AMEZ Board of Bishops on the death of #NelsonMandela wp.me/p3K7mP-3w #TeamAMEZ @wdarinmoore @westernbishop 3 days ago
FREE “Building a Brand without Spending a Bundle” ebook