3 reasons not to put all of your stock in Facebook
Ok, this has nothing to do with the Facebook financial stock but everything to do with the amount of time and effort that people are putting into promoting their Facebook profiles and business pages…
I have three simple reasons why YOU should NOT put ALL of your stock/resources into promoting your brand on Facebook…
- You have no control over the future of Facebook. Since the botched IPO of Facebook, we honestly have no idea what the future of Facebook looks like. Many of the company’s weaknesses, such as its revenue model and forecasting, were exposed during this process. If the company is unable to generate revenues or a profit for its shareholders, will the company remain viable?
- You cannot extract your friends/fans from their database. Ok, so you have 1,000 friends or fans on Facebook… outside of using their system, you have no other way to market to this group of people…
- What if you get kicked off tomorrow? Have you ever considered that you may do something to violate the Facebook Terms and Policies and your account could be closed permanently? What happens next?
I use Facebook to build my brand on a daily basis but it is a part of my marketing strategy, not the only strategy. Just like any strong financial portfolio, you need to be sure your marketing plan is diversified so that it can weather whatever storm comes its way. Don’t get caught with all of your eggs in one marketing basket.
Do you want more tips to build your business?
- Order your autographed copy of “Building a Brand without Spending a Bundle”
- Subscribe to the “Success Secrets” Newsletter
- Listen to past episodes of “The LaKesha Womack Show”
Filed under: Marketing | 1 Comment
Tags: Black Enterprise, Diversification, Ebony, Essence, Facebook, Finance, Google, IPO, Marketing, Social media, Social Networking, Stock, Success, Success Secrets
Business Development Consultant
Inspired. Motivated. Driven to help you succeed!
I write and speak about a variety of lifestyle, relationship, religious and business topics.
My goal is to help you develop personally, professionally and spiritually because... You can have it all!
Check out my books on amazon.com
Is She The ONE?
Success Secrets for the Young & Fabulous
Building a Brand Without Spending a Bundle
My Money Matters (Adult, Teens and Kids versions)
- Follow Womack Consulting Group on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- If true love feels anything like the arrival of a pink box from @shoedazzle, marriage might not be so bad... http://t.co/NtPafflcz3 17 hours ago
- My fabulous Friday nights used be happy hours and parties all night, now it's being snuggled up with my mini and a movie #LoveMyLife 1 day ago
- #TeamAMEZ Get information about YACM Observance Month, Zion University & the 2014 CR Thompson Scholarship - eepurl.com/PXf0L 1 day ago
- wonders why small biz owners try to avoid competition, I've never seen a McDonalds or WalMart change their biz bc of a BurgerKing or Target 1 day ago
- Feels great to cross tasks off of my to do list... 1 day ago
FREE “Building a Brand without Spending a Bundle” ebook